SKBA At A Glance
Founded — 1989
Location — San Francisco
Ownership — Independent, Majority Employee Owned
Firm AUM — $0.8 billion
Style — Value Equities & Fixed Income
Investment Process — Fundamental Bottom Up
Investment Experience — PM's Average 20+ years
- Socially Responsible Value
- Flex Bond
SKBA Capital Management is an independent San Francisco based investment management firm founded in 1989. Our firm brings together an experienced group of investment professionals committed to a proven value-based investment approach first pioneered by our founding principals. Our investment disciplines have been built and refined for three decades integrating the best practices of fundamental stock selection, sector allocation, and our economic views. We believe that rigorous and insightful proprietary research, conducted within a consistent and disciplined process executed by an experienced team, provides the best opportunity for consistent investment returns over time.
We are a majority employee owned organization dedicated to providing active equity, fixed income, and balanced investment management services to a diverse array of clients including foundations, endowments, corporations, pension funds, Taft-Hartley plans, charitable organizations, private clients and faith-based institutions. We are proud of our firm's long standing history and are honored by the stability of our client base and their success.
We seek to offer our clients a prudent place to invest their capital, deliver exceptional investment results and develop enduring client relationships.
We do not attempt to be all things to all people; our firm's sole business is investment management. Our ownership structure and culture ensures that our interests are aligned with those of our clients. We share the values and goals that have served our clients well over the years: trustworthiness, discipline and a passion for investment management. Over the years, these qualities, combined with our focus on value investing, have enabled us to generate attractive long-term returns while preserving our clients' capital.
What Sets SKBA Apart
- Established, time-tested philosophy and proven investment process
- Tenured team of investment professionals - Judgment and insights shaped by experience
- Disciplined, fundamental research-based investment culture
- Nimble structure, we are flexible and agile in our portfolio construction and implementation.
- Clear and transparent decision making process.
- Client-oriented benefits of an independent firm and access to our decision makers
- Reputation as a firm with whom clients want to do business